Re: [Help-gnu-radius] configure --with-mysql

From: Maurice Makaay
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] configure --with-mysql
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:43:42 +0100

Hi,

> (AUTHREQ local 12 ggersh): Invalid user [ggersh], CLID unknown
>
>    What does this mean?  I'm running the radauth on the same host as the
> radiusd.  I'm sure this is something basic that I'm missing.

The user could for some reason not be found. CLID unkown is not an error
(some of my collegues tripped over this message ;-). It just means you did
not send a Calling-Station-ID in your radius request.

The reason why the authentication fails could be just anything. What you
might do first is enabling some more debugging in your raddb/config file
using something like this in your logging{} section:

    channel debug {
        file "radius.debug";
    };
    category debug {
        channel debug;
        level radiusd,auth,sql;
    };

Now do an auth request and take a look at the debugging log. If all went
well (and your Auth-Type=SQL user is used by the server), you will find
some SQL queries over there. Take a look at them and see if the query
which is used to retrieve the password from the database does work using
the mysql command line interface. The query should return a password. In
case this fails, the radiusd will report "Invalid user". If this doesn't
clear things up, please send in the logging output. For now there's too
little information to be able to help you.

Regards,

-- Maurice Makaay