Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Thanks for your advices!

From: Gerald
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Thanks for your advices!
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:48:20 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Konst Konst wrote:

> Thank you for advice, but you do not understand a quesion... I cannot
> use it, because if mysql works fine, and returns to user "reject", I
> do not want fall through. User must be rejected. I have a database,
> where someone offen add new users, so auth-tion can be done by using
> special database only! BUT. When mysql do not work, I have to grant
> access to everybody. And second default record do not help in my case.
> I have no other place, where I can auth-te incoming user. I have to
> grant access to everybody, but how can I know, why my first default
> check had returned 'reject'? I've looked through /sql/mysql.c and
> at this moment I see only the one way to solve my problem - change
> program code...

At the minor risk of being wrong and corrected (I don't mind)...

The difference between a reject and a fail is what determines if it
continues. Am I correct in reading that you want an alternative only for
when the mysql database is down?

If the DB is down, the first DEFAULT entry will fail, not reject the
account. That failure will fire off the next DEFAULT entry with a backup
authentication method.

If the DB is up and the username is located, gnu-radius sends the
response reject/accept based on the credentials and stops processing the
users file.

> PS Sorry for my terrible english. :)

No worries, it's not required around here. You might try sending your
questions in your native language as well as in English. You would be
surprised how many languages the maintainer (and others) know on this
list. Keep the English version though because that and French are all I
can handle.

Gerald