Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Calling-Station-ID

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Calling-Station-ID
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:12:35 EET

Hi Rogério,

Rogerio Papa <address@hidden> wrote:

> I installed gnu radius, and is it ok. But it is not blocking phone numbers.
> In radacct logs, the Station-Calling-Id was received with phone numbers.

DEFAULT entries are processed only if an exact matching entry was not
found in the users file. For example, if the user 'brio' logs in from
phone number 33831187, it will be allowed to log in, because there is
an exact matching entry for this user.

Let me also notice that using special entries for brio, doctor,
etc only to set up their simultaneous access count is superfluous.

Both tasks (assigning simultaneous access count and checking for
forbiddent phone numbers) can be done using hints mechanism:

# raddb/hints

DEFAULT Calling-Station-Id = "33831187"
        Hint = noaccess, Fall-Through = Yes

doctor  NULL
        Simultaneous-Use = 5

brio    NULL
        Simultaneous-Use = 2

korban  NULL
        Simultaneous-Use = 3

# raddb/users

DEFAULT Hint = noaccess,
            Auth-Type = Reject
        Reply-Message = "You are not allowed to login."

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System,
                Simultaneous-Use = 1
                Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP