Re: [Help-gnu-radius] --enable-sql=modlist ---------> what is "modlist"?

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] --enable-sql=modlist ---------> what is "modlist"???
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:48:15 EET

Jose Ababat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello. Can you pls help ?  I have trouble building the radius
> server. I like to enable the MySQL support.
[...]
>   I dont know what modlist is.

Modlist is a list of SQL subsystem names, separated by colons, e.g.:

   --with-sql=mysql:postgres

The above line is equivalent to

   --with-mysql --with-postgres

>   Is this correct?:
>
>   #./configure --prefix=/usr/loca/radius --with-php=/usr/local/php
>                     --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
>                      --enable-sql=modlist

No, it is not. There are five mistakes:

1. There is no --enable-sql switch. It is --with-sql.
2. Using --with-sql is superfluous with one of --with-mysql or
--with-postgres switches.
3. Modlist is described above
4. Valid arguments to --with-mysql are "yes" and "no". Lack of argument
is taken as "yes". Any other argument is an error.
5. Prefix argument is probably a typo. Did you mean /usr/local/radius?

The correct invocation would be:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/radius
            --with-php=/usr/local/php
            --with-mysql

Depending on your MySQL installation you may need to specify addition
arguments to preprocessor and/or loader. Please see README. line 58.

Regards,
Sergey