Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Trying to test local authentication

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Trying to test local authentication
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:38:13 +0300

Tucker, Nick <address@hidden> wrote:

> May 23 15:23:35 Auth.error: (Access-Request 10.61.68.65 59 "admin" CLID=
>
> =^]
>
> ): request from unknown client

This means that the machine 10.61.68.65 is not described in your
raddb/clients file. This, in turn, results in:

> When I traced this, I seen the request indeed using the "admin"
> username, however, the password is encrypted.

Passwords are always encrypted in RADIUS client to server communication.
To decrypt the password, radiusd must know the shared key used by
the remote party, hence the need for all termservers to be described in
raddb/clients.

Regards,
Sergey