RE: [Help-gnu-radius] Trying to test local authentication

From: Tucker, Nick
Subject: RE: [Help-gnu-radius] Trying to test local authentication
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 13:45:50 -0400

Thanks for the responses, Sergey.

At this point I do feel like it is working.

May 28 15:50:33 Main.info: Starting
May 28 15:50:33 Main.info: Terminating the subprocesses
May 28 15:50:33 Main.info: Loading configuration files.
May 28 15:50:33 Main.info: reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/config
May 28 15:50:33 Main.info: /usr/local/etc/raddb/users reloaded.
May 28 15:50:33 Main.info: Ready
May 28 15:50:33 Main.info: Ready to process requests.
May 28 15:53:27 Auth.notice: (Access-Request 10.61.68.15 10 "admin"
CLID=
=^]
): Login OK [admin]

The packet trace verifies the OK response seen from the radius server.

What I'm trying to do with the server itself is not fully working, but I
believe this problem is external to the radius server.

One that note though, looking at the users file for this user I have
defined as "admin", here is the last 2 lines of the data:

        Service-Type = Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP

If I am looking for the most plain vanilla authentication possible, do I
need to worry about these values at all?

Thanks