RE: [Help-gnu-radius] Vendor-Specific attribute format in users file

From: Rahim Pirbhai
Subject: RE: [Help-gnu-radius] Vendor-Specific attribute format in users file
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:27:35 -0400

Thanks for your help, Sergey.
I created an alcatel file, and I added the equivalent $INCLUDE entry the
dictionary file.
In the alcatel file, the VENDOR number is 637, and I added an attribute with
id 1:

BEGIN VENDOR Alcatel 637
ATTRIBUTE       OssClient-functionProfile        1      string

END

Can you please tell me how the NAS will be able to retrieve this attribute
from the radius response? I see that I cannot simply use the
"Vendor-Specific" attribute id (26) to retrieve my custom attribute because
"26" encompasses many vendor attributes.

Thanks,
Rahim