Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Gnu Radius IP Pools and PPPoE sessions

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Gnu Radius IP Pools and PPPoE sessions
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:38:50 +0300

Hi Paul,

> I am trying to set up a new Cisco PPPoE server in my network to terminate my
> customers DSL connections. The server is working fine except that my
> customers can't get their IP from the radius(which I want to give IP to
> customers during the authentication).

The simplest way to do so is by returning Framed-IP-Address attribute
offset by the value of the NAS-Port-Id attribute, e.g.:

   Framed-IP-Address = 10.10.0.1+

(see
http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/Framed_002dIP_002dAddress.html#SEC309)

More sofisticated ways may include using some rewrite function to
produce new IP address, e.g.:

   Framed-IP-Address = "=getip(%C{NAS-Identifier}, %C{NAS-Port-Id})"

(for details, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/Attribute-Creation-Functions.html#SEC210)

Finally, you can use the ipalloc.scm module, which uses the SQL table
you mentioned. It is described in detail in doc/README.ipalloc. See
chapter "Usage", for usage instructions.

Regards,
Sergey