help-gnunet

missing gnunetspeaker: gnunet-gtk requires GNUnet

From: Mateusz Viste
Subject: missing gnunetspeaker: gnunet-gtk requires GNUnet
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 10:50:38 +0200

Hello,

I built and installed gnunet from git master without (too many) problems, and I am trying to build gnunetgtk now (from git master as well). Unfortunately, my attempt fails during configure time:

$ export GNUNET_PREFIX=/home/mateusz/gnunet/lib
$ ./configure --prefix=$GNUNET_PREFIX/.. --disable-testing --disable-nls --disable-documentation --with-gnunet=/home/mateusz/gnunet/lib64

checking for GNUnet core... /home/mateusz/gnunet/lib64
checking for GNUnet util library in /home/mateusz/gnunet/lib/..... checking for gnunet/gnunet_util_lib.h... yes
checking for GNUNET_xfree_ in -lgnunetutil... no
checking for gnunet/gnunet_conversation_service.h... yes
checking for GNUNET_SPEAKER_destroy in -lgnunetspeaker... no
configure: error: gnunet-gtk requires GNUnet

I looked into the files that gnunet 'make install' installed earlier, and do not see any gnunetspeaker library there, only a header file and a pkg descriptor:

mateusz@mateusz:~/gnunet> find ./ | grep speak
./include/gnunet/gnunet_speaker_lib.h
./lib64/pkgconfig/gnunetspeaker.pc

Hence my question would be - where may I find this gnunetspeaker library? Alternatively, may I somehow tell gnunetgtk to ignore it? My understanding is that it is needed for a telephony app, and voip is not something I was planning to use anyway.

best,
Mateusz