help-gnunet

Re: missing gnunetspeaker: gnunet-gtk requires GNUnet

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: missing gnunetspeaker: gnunet-gtk requires GNUnet
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 11:25:11 +0200

Hi,

> On 22. Aug 2020, at 10:50, Mateusz Viste <mateusz@viste.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I built and installed gnunet from git master without (too many) problems, and
> I am trying to build gnunetgtk now (from git master as well). Unfortunately,
> my attempt fails during configure time:
>
> $ export GNUNET_PREFIX=/home/mateusz/gnunet/lib
> $ ./configure --prefix=$GNUNET_PREFIX/.. --disable-testing --disable-nls
> --disable-documentation --with-gnunet=/home/mateusz/gnunet/lib64
>
> checking for GNUnet core... /home/mateusz/gnunet/lib64
> checking for GNUnet util library in /home/mateusz/gnunet/lib/..... checking
> for gnunet/gnunet_util_lib.h... yes
> checking for GNUNET_xfree_ in -lgnunetutil... no
> checking for gnunet/gnunet_conversation_service.h... yes
> checking for GNUNET_SPEAKER_destroy in -lgnunetspeaker... no
> configure: error: gnunet-gtk requires GNUnet
>
> I looked into the files that gnunet 'make install' installed earlier, and do
> not see any gnunetspeaker library there, only a header file and a pkg
> descriptor:
>
> mateusz@mateusz:~/gnunet> find ./ | grep speak
> ./include/gnunet/gnunet_speaker_lib.h
> ./lib64/pkgconfig/gnunetspeaker.pc

The reason libgnunetspeaker is not installed is because you likely missed
dependencies for it when compiling gnunet.
If you do not need the conversation subsystem, you can ignore this info.

OTOH, what you cannot ignore is the info above that which sais libgnunetutil is
not found resulting in the error.
Try with "--with-gnunet=/home/mateusz/gnunet". Without the "lib64".

BR
Martin