help-gnunet

Re: GNUnet cadet

From: Rowan De jong
Subject: Re: GNUnet cadet
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 14:51:26 +0100

>On 21.11.22 17:04, Rowan De jong wrote:

>Thanks for responding. We tried the solutions you offered, but it still doesn't work. I replied to the solutions below.

>The mail thread is quite long already. I try to strip it done a bit by consolidating the questions and answers.

>With the solution offered mean you you have given your (Rowans) peerinfo (which you got with gnunet-peerinfo -sg) to Mart, who imported it (with gnunet-peerinfo -p) and vice versa?

No, we didn't try that at first. We have now.

>I put our question in the developer mailing list not knowing it was for the developers. So I will move the conversation here. We are sorry for any inconveniences.

>This is not a big issue, because the _noise_ on the mailing list is quite low.

>If we use the gnunet-cadet -P. My pc displays 8 different peers including my own. On one of the peers (Y924NSH........) it says tunnel: Y, paths: 1. The other ones say tunnel: N, paths: 0. On Mart's pc it lists 8 peers including his own. The top one (same as Rowan's) says tunnel: N, paths: 1. The other ones say  tunnel: N, paths: 0. We thought maybe the problem lays there. But we have no idea how to change/fix it.

>Can you see each other peer in the list (given by gnunet-cadet -P), after importing the peerinfo of each other?

We couldnt at first, but i think we didn't import each other's peerinfo. When we use the gnunet-cadet -P command on Rowans pc, he can see my peer id now. But if Mart runs the same command he cannot see Rowans peer id. On Marts pc there are still no tunnels. On Rowans pc it says tunnel: Y on my peer id. Are there other ways to import Rowans peer info to Marts pc? Because we think the problem is still with Marts pc.

>Are the systems you are trying to connect in the same LAN or each at your home behind a NAT? If natted, did you open the GNUnet port (2086) in your router?

The systems are each at our own homes. So we think they are behind a NAT. We dont know if the GNUnet port is opened. Well have to check that later.

>Can you please give me the output of

>gnunet-arm -I

Output on Marts pc:

Services (excluding stopped services):
(started: 19 / stopped: 20)
ats (binary='gnunet-service-ats', status=started)
cadet (binary='gnunet-service-cadet', status=started)
core (binary='gnunet-service-core', status=started)
datastore (binary='gnunet-service-datastore', status=started)
dht (binary='gnunet-service-dht', status=started)
fs (binary='gnunet-service-fs', status=started)
gns (binary='gnunet-service-gns', status=started)
hostlist (binary='gnunet-daemon-hostlist', status=started)
namecache (binary='gnunet-service-namecache', status=started)
nat (binary='gnunet-service-nat', status=started)
nse (binary='gnunet-service-nse', status=started)
peerinfo (binary='gnunet-service-peerinfo', status=started)
peerstore (binary='gnunet-service-peerstore', status=started)
revocation (binary='gnunet-service-revocation', status=started)
setu (binary='gnunet-service-setu', status=started)
statistics (binary='gnunet-service-statistics', status=started)
topology (binary='gnunet-daemon-topology', status=started)
transport (binary='gnunet-service-transport', status=started)
vpn (binary='gnunet-service-vpn', status=started)

Output on Rowans pc:

Services (excluding stopped services): (started: 20 / stopped: 19) ats (binary='gnunet-service-ats', status=started) cadet (binary='gnunet-service-cadet', status=started) core (binary='gnunet-service-core', status=started) datastore (binary='gnunet-service-datastore', status=started) dht (binary='gnunet-service-dht', status=started) fs (binary='gnunet-service-fs', status=started) gns (binary='gnunet-service-gns', status=started) hostlist (binary='gnunet-daemon-hostlist', status=started) namecache (binary='gnunet-service-namecache', status=started) nat (binary='gnunet-service-nat', status=started) nse (binary='gnunet-service-nse', status=started) peerinfo (binary='gnunet-service-peerinfo', status=started) peerstore (binary='gnunet-service-peerstore', status=started) resolver (binary='gnunet-service-resolver', status=started) revocation (binary='gnunet-service-revocation', status=started) setu (binary='gnunet-service-setu', status=started) statistics (binary='gnunet-service-statistics', status=started) topology (binary='gnunet-daemon-topology', status=started) transport (binary='gnunet-service-transport', status=started) vpn (binary='gnunet-service-vpn', status=started)

>Did you have a look into the log file, if there are any error messages?

No we didn't, how do we do that?