help-gnustep

Need help document on debugging Objc-C code using GDB (fwd)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Need help document on debugging Objc-C code using GDB (fwd)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:54:43 +0100 (BST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:00:27 +0530
From: Kotesh <kotesh@orillion.com>
To: Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com>
Cc: Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk>
Subject: Need help document on debugging Objc-C code using GDB

HI,

 I am getting the following error while debugging ObjectiveC source using GDB..

bash-2.05# gdb AlarmServer
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.8"...
(gdb) dir /u01/kotesh/Model
Source directories searched: /u01/kotesh/Model:$cdir:$cwd
(gdb) dir /u01/kotesh/WCModel
Source directories searched: /u01/kotesh/WCModel:/u01/kotesh/Model:$cdir:$cwd
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x20e44
(gdb) run BPX
Starting program: /u01/kotesh/AlarmServer BPX
Breakpoint 1 at 0xff26cbbc
warning: Lowest section in /usr/lib/libw.so.1 is .hash at 00000074
[New LWP 1]
[New LWP 2]
[New LWP 3]

Breakpoint 1, 0xff26cbbc in main ()
   from /usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.8/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-ba
se.so.1
(gdb) break WCModelController.m:40
the class WCModelController does not have any method named m
Hint: try 'WCModelController.m:40<TAB> or 'WCModelController.m:40<ESC-?>
(Note leading single quote.)

Any help is greatly aprreciated...

Please let me know the site where I can find the documents related to debugging
ObjectiveC code using GNU-GDB.

Thanks
kotesh