help-gnustep

Re: Need help document on debugging Objc-C code using GDB (fwd)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Need help document on debugging Objc-C code using GDB (fwd)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:36:09 -0600

Breakpoint 1, 0xff26cbbc in main ()
   from /usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/sparc/solaris2.8/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-ba
se.so.1
(gdb) break WCModelController.m:40
the class WCModelController does not have any method named m
Hint: try 'WCModelController.m:40<TAB> or 'WCModelController.m:40<ESC-?>
(Note leading single quote.)

I don't know how to solve this. I've seen it before and I think it's a problem with shared libraries (perhaps WCModelController.m is in a shared library that hasn't been loaded yet?)

You might try breaking on a function within that file or try an actual method name and/or make sure that class has really been loaded in.

P.S. Even though Nicola and I answer most questions, it's best to send inquiries to bug-gnustep or help-gnustep. THat way more people can (hopefully) get involved, and we may not always be able to answer your question.