help-gnustep

making an application and type known (ProjectCenter doesn't know Gorm)

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: making an application and type known (ProjectCenter doesn't know Gorm)
Date: 30 Aug 2003 00:21:28 -0400

I have both Gorm and ProjectCenter running, and i'm trying to follow
the tutorial that Pierre-Yves put together
(http://www.gnustep.it/pierre-yves/index.html).

When, in ProjectCenter, i double click on an interface which has an
extension of `gorm' (so that the first column of the browser says
`Interfaces' and the second says, in my case, `Samp.gorm'), the gui
puts up a panel saying "Could not open ......../Samp.gorm'.  It also
logs a message saying "No known applications for file extension
'gorm'".

No doubt this means that i need to register the type `gorm'
somehow (although it's a little mystifying why the type isn't
known through some daemon or server, because i have Gorm
up and running).

Thanks in advance for any clues on how to set up the association
between the extension and the application.

dan