help-gnustep

Re: Lacking icons etc: GNUstep/Solaris

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: Lacking icons etc: GNUstep/Solaris
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:45:56 +0100

On 24 Aug 2004, at 19:49, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Graham J Lee wrote:
[problems with art]

You seem to be missing the nfont package for the art backend. Sorry I cannot find the link to this at the moment.

OK, well I'll try to fix this NSImage thing before sorting that out :-)

With the xlib backend, programs launch but none of the icons, arrows, button graphics etc. are displayed. The programs log messages of the following type:
--8<--
2004-08-24 14:11:30.000 EasyDiff[12270] NSImage: compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation: failed due to NSInternalInconsistencyException: Cannot find stored representation
--8<--

This problem should be independent of the backend you use, as it seems to happen in the functionrepd_for_rep() in the gui file NSImage.m. And I don't have the slightest glue, why this may be failing for you. You may want to add some debug code in that functions and report the result of that. E.G.:

<snippity>

I tried that, and it would seem that the problem is that _reps is nil:

2004-08-25 09:42:24.000 EasyDiff[17990] _reps () 0
2004-08-25 09:42:24.000 EasyDiff[17990] NSImage: compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation: failed due to NSInternalInconsistencyException: Cannot find stored representation

so does that mean that it isn't finding the images or something? Anyway, I've tried two different apps (EasyDiff and ProjectCenter), both have the same problem. And both work on my GNUstep/Linux machine at home.

Graham.
--
Graham Lee
UNIX Systems Manager