help-gnustep

Re: can't build gnustep-base on cygwin

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: can't build gnustep-base on cygwin
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 20:08:24 -0600

On Oct 2, 2004, at 4:20 AM, Paul Forgey wrote:

Running cygwin 1.5.11-1 and trying to build gnustep-base 1.10.0, I'm running into the following build error. It's failing because there is no occurance of "_class_name_" in the resulting list. What exactly is the build process attempting to do? I see _class_name_ in the nm output, but not if I filter it with the first grep statement. I do, however, see quite a few symbols starting with ___objc_class_name_ with a 'U' instead. Does this mean for some reason the definitions are never actually being built?

cat win32-def.top > libgnustep-base.def
nm [long list of objects] | grep '^........ [T] _' | sed 's/[^_]*_//' > _tmp.def

Would it work if you used 'R' instead of 'T' in the grep statement? Different versions of mingw/cyginw seems to work differently in this respect, so it's hard to see how to solve that problem.