help-gnustep

Re: User preferences

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: User preferences
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:46:26 -0700

On Dec 15, 2004, at 4:50 PM, Samuel Hornus wrote:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ UserDefaults/Tasks/UsingDefaults.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000719

Needless to say, it does not work. I kinda feel that I may need to
supply some "default domain name" to the NSUserDefaults, but I can't see
where/what/when/why/...

Do you have some clues about saving some prefs and retrieving them ?
What need be added to the code examplified in the webpage above ?
Thank you in advance !

I'm not sure what it says there but this should work:

  NSUserDefaults *defs;

  defs = [NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults];
  str = @"Messy";
  [defs setObject: str forKey: @"UserTidyness"];

and to retrieve:

  defs = [NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults];
  str = [defs objectForKey: @"UserTidyness"];

There's probably something wrong if it doesn't work.