help-gnustep

Re: User preferences

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: User preferences
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:08:41 -0700

On Dec 16, 2004, at 6:47 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

Indeed it is, but it should be in ~/GNUstep/Library/Preferences or ~/GNUstep/Library/Defaults (either or) and absolutely not in the root of $GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT like it is now. If the user sets $GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT to ~ like it is in OS X (and frankly I think this makes more sense to do), then they will have a dirty little Defaults directory in the root of their home directory.

This is bad. I say we change it before a 1.0 release of GUI is made. What do you think?

If someone provided a patch (including code to migrate the old defaults), I would probably put it in. It's doubtful I'll have time to do it myself.