help-gnustep

Re: The usage of the ProjectCenter & Gorm on the Debian Sarge

From: Jonathan Hepburn
Subject: Re: The usage of the ProjectCenter & Gorm on the Debian Sarge
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:00:36 +1000

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 09:06:42PM -0700, Gregory John Casamento wrote:
> Csanyi,
> Create a new .gorm package by starting Gorm and saving over the one in the
> directory.
>
> ProjectCenter 0.4.0 has an issue where the .gorm template which is copied into
> the project doesn't contain the correct files to allow Gorm.app to use it.
>
> This should fix your problem.   Both apps have new releases which you might
> want to try instead of simply using the ones which came with Sarge which are a
> little dated.
>
> Later, GJC

As an addendum to this, I noticed the same problem (I'm in the midst of
teaching myself programming, and just this week tried ProjectCenter in earnest
for the first time).

OS: Debian Sarge
Software versions: CVS checkouts, not more than three days old, of all GS core
libraries and all dev-apps. Note: NOT Debian packages! I was playing with GS
long before I installed Debian with the release of 3.0 (ah, so many years
ago).
gcc: 3.4.4

Problem: The <appname>.gorm directory created by ProjectCenter is completely
empty. Is this under revision in CVS but okay in the release version, or might
it be unique to my (or even our) setup?

More details available on request: I'm not sure what would help.

Ciao,