help-gnustep

Re: Using gnustep as a library?

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: Using gnustep as a library?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 04:26:08 +0100

Great!

Thanks very much folks.

Dan.

On 26 May 2006, at 17:35, Mehul N. Sanghvi wrote:

Daniel J Farrell said the following on 5/24/2006 8:44 PM:
Hello everybody,
I would like to use gnustep objects such as NSString and NSArray in my programming. However, I'm just number crunching for science purposes; I'm not making GUI apps so I don't need to work inside the gnustep environment. All I need is to simply #import <NSArray.h> etc in my code. To do this should I just follow the instruction to install the 'Base Version' package on my linux distribution and then link to the library when compiling? Does the linux distribution matter? I was going to do this with Ubuntu?
Regards, Dan.

Ubuntu is Debian based, and if all you want are the libraries, so you can use them in your application, you'll need the gnustep-base and gnustep-make packages.

cheers,

        mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi