help-gnustep

With gcc & with Eclipse

From: Anne van Rossum
Subject: With gcc & with Eclipse
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:27:23 +0100

Dear list members,

Currently I'm starting to explore the Objective-C world. I figured out
to begin with GNUstep. The file I use is "source.m":

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
int main (void)
{
  NSLog (@"Executing: Hello World!!!");
  return 0;
}
I'm currently able to type make using this GNUmakefile:

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
TOOL_NAME = LogTest
LogTest_OBJC_FILES = source.m
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make
However, I can't make it work using gcc:

source.m:1:34: error: Foundation/Foundation.h: No such file or directory
source.m: In function ‘main’:
source.m:5: error: cannot find interface declaration for
‘NXConstantString’
And more important, but maybe in some way related, I want to run the
project in Eclipse, CDT. However, the console output is in this case:

make all
Making all for tool LogTest...
 Linking tool LogTest ...
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base_s.a(objc-load.o): In
function `objc_get_symbol_path':
(.text+0x1ef): undefined reference to `dlsym'
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-base_s.a(objc-load.o): In
function `objc_get_symbol_path':
(.text+0x20b): undefined reference to `dladdr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [static_obj/LogTest] Error 1
make: *** [LogTest.all.tool.variables] Error 2

I already tried to play with Environment variables within the Project
properties, but am not sure what is needed, and what not. And it seemed
like I copied every GNUSTEP_... env variable. I downloaded the stuff
using aptitude search gnustep, and have the libdl.so, libdl.a files
in /usr/lib.
I use GNU Make 3.81, gcc 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu
4.1.1-13ubuntu5), Ubuntu Edgy Eft

I hope someone can help me figure out the settings in Eclipse. I want to
run it from there.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Anne