help-gnustep

Re: With gcc & with Eclipse

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: With gcc & with Eclipse
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:53:01 +0100 (CET)

Thanks ... that's a very good trick :-)

By the way with the current gnustep-make from trunk, you can also do:

 * make sure GNUstep's appropriate dirs are added to your PATH and
ld.so.conf [or equivalent to ld.so.conf on your system]

(ie, something like
PATH="$PATH:/usr/GNUstep/System/Tools:/usr/GNUstep/Local/Tools" and adding
/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries and
/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries to your ld.so.conf and rerunning
ldconfig regularly)

 * set the GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES environment variable (it should be set to
something like  /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/)

And then 'make' should work. ;-)

All the other variables are then read automatically by gnustep-make from
the GNUstep config file in /etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf. :-)

Thanks