help-gnustep

Re: followup to an old newbie question on cc1obj. what/where is it?

From: Lloyd Sargent
Subject: Re: followup to an old newbie question on cc1obj. what/where is it?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:02:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 25, 5:05 pm, dogstar <parchib...@pogowave.com> wrote:
> Well, I tried "gcc -print-prog-name=cc1obj" and I got a "no such file or
> directory" message, so I guess something is wrong.  The question is: what is
> wrong and how do I fix it?

I'm running MinGW under WinXP and using MSys (which is what the reply
indicated), I get the following:

$ gcc -print-prog-name=cc1obj
c:/MinGW/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/cc1obj.exe

Sooooo, either it was installed "wrong" on Vista or you are not using
the MinGW shell. MSys (at least on XP) has a peach colored background.
CMD has a black background. You SHOULD be using MSys.

Hope this helps.