help-gnustep

Re: followup to an old newbie question on cc1obj. what/where is it?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: followup to an old newbie question on cc1obj. what/where is it?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:08:56 -0600

On Aug 26, 2008, at 10:04 AM, dogstar wrote:

gcc -print-prog-name=cc1obj

It should print out the full path name to the compiler.  If it just
says "cc1obj", then something wrong.

.. end of original reply

Well, I tried "gcc -print-prog-name=cc1obj" and I got a "no such file or directory" message, so I guess something is wrong. The question is: what is
wrong and how do I fix it?

"no such file or directory" means that even gcc is not installed. So I'm not really sure how you can compile anything? What have you been able to do so far?