Re: solaris - bad asm with gcc 3.4.1

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: solaris - bad asm with gcc 3.4.1
Date: 15 Jul 2004 22:55:30 -0700

graehl@gmail.com (Jonathan Graehl) writes:

> I recently built gcc 3.4.1 for two old redhat and solaris systems.  My

Just how old is your Solaris system?

> code builds fine on the linux g++, but gives some bad assembly opcodes
> on the solaris one.  What's wrong with my asm specs?

Nothing. What's probably wrong is that your 'as' is too old.

> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//ccrRhpyB.s", line 602: error: unknown opcode "int"

Hmm, I don't think "int" is a valid SPARC op-code.
Compile your (failing) source file into assembly:

  g++ -S -D... -I... failing.C

then see what the failing lines in 'failing.s' look like.
You may have better luck installing GNU-as (part of binutils)
and re-configuring gcc to use it.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.