hash_map

From: Michael Schuster
Subject: hash_map
Date: 17 Feb 2005 08:15:52 -0800

Hi,
I'm using std::map<std::string, int*>  with a lot of elements. As I
thought hash_map would be a better choice, I tried to find out the
improvements.I managed to get it working (after some googling). Ok,
now my programm works with __gnu_cxx::hash_map but is awfully slow!
I also tried STLPort's hash_map, but this hash_map really increases
the speed of my app (~20%). Is there a better version of hash_map
planed?

Thanks for your answers!
Michael