XP: cannot get hostname when mixing GNU C and GNU Fortran

From: Cottonwood
Subject: XP: cannot get hostname when mixing GNU C and GNU Fortran
Date: 24 May 2006 03:02:39 -0700

In genuine GNU Fortran 95 (2003 standard) The function `hostnm' works
fine.

When I call my Fortran modules from a C main everything works with no
problems - except the function hostnm. The line

i=hostnm(hostname)

leads to a message that says that the entry point `CreateFileA' could
not be found in the dll `WS2_32.DLL'. What I heard about that was that
the entry point `CreateFileA' should be in the dll `WS2.DLL'. But this
I think belongs to Windows CE and not to XP. Anyhow, I don't have the
lib.

Now I tried the same in genuine C environment:

#include <winsock2.h>
#include <unistd.h>
int main(void) {
   char host_name[255] = {0};
   int  ccode;
   if (( ccode = gethostname( host_name, sizeof( host_name))) != 0) {
      printf( "gethostname failed, ccode = %d\n", ccode);
      return EXIT_FAILURE;
   }
   printf( "host name: %s\n", host_name);
   return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

That leads to a message that says that the entry point `FindAtomA'
could not be found in the dll `WS2_32.DLL'.

What can I do?