How to make which version of stdc++ is being used?

From: Suneeel
Subject: How to make which version of stdc++ is being used?
Date: 21 Jun 2006 22:13:48 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of trouble because different components that I am
using are getting compiled with different versions of the stdc++
library.
I want to have one single directory with all my shared libraries as
well as the standard c and c++ libraries and link my executeable only
with the libs in this directory.

What do I say in my make file to acheive this?
Also, what variables do I need to set?

In my /usr/lib directory, I have a number of different files

libstdc++-2-libc6.1-1-2.9.0.so
libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.a
libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.a.3
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
libstdc++.so.2.7.2
libstdc++.so.2.7.2.8
libstdc++.so.2.8
libstdc++.so .2.8.0
libstdc++.so.2.9
libstdc++.so.2.9.dummy
libstdc++.so.5
libstdc++.so.5.0.3
libstdc++.so.6

Now, which of these do I need to link with?