Exceptions across shared libraries (gcc 3.3.3)

From: gilles . rayrat
Subject: Exceptions across shared libraries (gcc 3.3.3)
Date: 21 Aug 2006 01:15:58 -0700

Hi,
I am facing a weird issue:
We are using a shared library (libcarob) that can throw exceptions.
Everything goes well under most platforms, but under suse (SLES 9, gcc
3.3.3), we get a segfault anytime we try to throw an exception out of
carob.
The weird thing is that when linking statically carob to the libstdc++,

the problem disappears. Google showed nothing convincing, so I try
other
channels...
If anyone has a clue for it, g++ flags or whatever, I am ready to try
the hell to fix this
Thanks,
Gilles.