Re: How does one use curses.h? it works better now

From: David Chmelik
Subject: Re: How does one use curses.h? it works better now
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 17:30:45 -0700

Lionel B wrote:

Yes; these error messages are not from the compile, but from the link phase, and probably mean that you have not linked in the library containing the actual code for the functions referenced. So to link code for ncurses, you will probably have to specify -lncurses somewhere on your gcc invocation (this is documented in `man ncurses').

Thanks; it compiles now. However, it does not do exactly what I try to make it do. I am trying to make a roguelike game just to practice various algorithms, and the part I was working on is moving the '@' around the screen with the arrow keys and move(). Right now it just prints control sequences when I use the arrow keys. I already tried this part of the code in DOS Watcom C/C++ and it worked... maybe it is the wrong screen mode. Any suggestions on where to read about screen modes and keyboard I/O for Posix systems?