exception not caught

From: Philipp Kraus
Subject: exception not caught
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:29:52 -0000

Hello,

I'm useing g++ under Cygwin. In my code (main function) I would like to catch thrown exceptions with try {} catch (...) { error handling }, but it does not work. I use in a class external C code and on a method I throw an exception. The exception is be thrown but not be caught. The same code is running under g++ on Linux and OSX very well and the exception is be caught, but not under Cygwin. The message that is shown: terminate called after throwing an instance of [...] terminate called recursively

The g++ version on Cygwin is 4.3.4 20090804 (release) 1. All libraries, that I use, are compiled with the same g++ / gcc / gfortran within Cygwin. I've found some information about the -fexceptions flag, but it seems it is always enabled. Do I need some other compiler / linker flags for compiling the source / libraries, that create the same behavier than under Linux and OSX? I would like to catch the exception only and do a exception handling

Thanks

Phil