ubuntu g++ include search paths.

From: Marz
Subject: ubuntu g++ include search paths.
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:29:53 -0000

Hi.
 I'm trying to compile a simple crystalspace(3d engine) hello world
application with g++ in ubuntu.  The problem I've been running into is
with the g++ search paths.  Most tutorials on the web typically
include only the file name.  eg:  #include <crystalspace.h>.  The
actual header is located in the /usr/include/crystalspace/ directory.
I can solve this problem by changing the include line to #include
<crystalspace/crystalspace.h>.  The problem with that is that I don't
want to break my ability to easily compile the code on a different
platform(windows).  I have a simple make file:

hello : hello.cpp
        g++ hello.cpp -o hello -std=gnu++0x -I/usr/include/crystalspace

but I still can get g++ to locate crystalspace.h.  How would I get
this make file to get g++ to locate  crystalspace.h?

note:  I'm trying to keep my projects as simple as possible, to make
future coding easier than I have been.