help-grub

Re: 100% CPU before LUKS password

From: Defiant
Subject: Re: 100% CPU before LUKS password
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 11:23:25 +0100

I noticed this behavior too using my custom Xubuntu setup with GRUB folder located in the /boot folder inside the LUKS-encrypted ext4 rootfs partition. Grub was setup with GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y. The grub binary at /boot/efi/EFI/ubuntu/grubx64.efi seems to be causing my CPU fan to spin while waiting at the initial password prompt (before the rootfs is decrypted).