help-gsasl

unable to install gsasl-0.2.27 on HP UX 11.11

From: asam30
Subject: unable to install gsasl-0.2.27 on HP UX 11.11
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:03:12 +0530

Hi,

I am having trouble compiling gnu sasl-0.2.27 on HP UX box. I was able to configure fine, but I see some warnings while configure.

checking for library containing socket... none required
checking for getpwuid... yes
checking if backwards compatibility code should be present... yes
checking for libgnutls... no
configure: WARNING: GnuTLS not found.  STARTTLS support disabled.
checking if STARTTLS support via GnuTLS should be built... no
checking for working alloca.h... yes

and then make gives the following errors,

libgsasl.lax/lt20-server.o
ranlib .libs/libgsasl.a
rm -fr .libs/libgsasl.lax .libs/libgsasl.lax
creating libgsasl.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libgsasl.la && ln -s ../libgsasl.la libgsasl.la)
No suffix list.
Making all in src
Make: line 523: syntax error.  Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

I can't install this version of gsasl-0.2.27. but I successfully installed the older version ie gsasl-0.0.15. can you please suggest how to fix this?

Thanks

--
Shankar Asam