help-gsasl

Re: unable to install gsasl-0.2.27 on HP UX 11.11

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: unable to install gsasl-0.2.27 on HP UX 11.11
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:38:01 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble compiling gnu sasl-0.2.27 on HP UX box. I was able to
> configure fine, but I see some warnings while configure.
>

> checking for library containing socket... none required
> checking for getpwuid... yes
> checking if backwards compatibility code should be present... yes
> checking for libgnutls... no
> configure: WARNING: GnuTLS not found.  STARTTLS support disabled.
> checking if STARTTLS support via GnuTLS should be built... no
> checking for working alloca.h... yes

This is OK if you don't have GnuTLS installed.  The GNU SASL library
doesn't need GnuTLS, only the command line tool.  So you can normally
ignore this warning.

> and then make gives the following errors,
>
> libgsasl.lax/lt20-server.o
> ranlib .libs/libgsasl.a
> rm -fr .libs/libgsasl.lax .libs/libgsasl.lax
> creating libgsasl.la
> (cd .libs && rm -f libgsasl.la && ln -s ../libgsasl.la libgsasl.la)
> No suffix list.
> Making all in src
> Make: line 523: syntax error.  Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
>

> Stop.
>
> I can't install this version of gsasl-0.2.27. but I successfully installed
> the older version ie gsasl-0.0.15. can you please suggest how to fix this?

I suspect a make problem, could you try and install GNU make and use
that instead?

Otherwise, please quote the Makefile contents around line 523.  I'm not
sure whether the error refers to src/Makefile or lib/src/Makefile so
please quote both if you do.

Thanks,
Simon