help-gsasl

gsasl_step64

From: Carla Strembicke
Subject: gsasl_step64
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:04:23 -0600

Hello,
So I have just started using gnu sasl.  I am not completely clear on how it works.
Currently I just want to use the "PLAIN" mechanism and transfer a authid and password  from my client to server app.
I am not entirely sure how to go about doing this.  I have read( scanned) the rfc for sasl and plain sasl and recongize that I have to send a single message of a certain format from the client to the server.

Is there a function in gsasl to do this for me?

As well, I am not completely clear about the parameters in gsasl_step64.  I understand the session parameter, but I am unclear of the data and format that the input parameter is as well as what I am getting in the output.

Could someone please clarify for me or point me to some documentation that further explains this( I have read th GNU SASL function descriptions and am still somewhat confused).

Thanks