help-gsasl

Re: GNU SASL 1.9.2 and valgrind

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: GNU SASL 1.9.2 and valgrind
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2021 16:23:31 +0100

lör 2020-12-26 klockan 19:24 +0100 skrev Bruno Haible:
> On Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64, in 32-bit mode (CC="gcc -m32"), configure,
> make,
> and "make install" work fine, but "make -k check" fails several
> tests:

Right.  It would be nice if gnulib's valgrind m4 test was a bit
smarter, maybe it should try to build a small program printing
something to stdout and see if valgrind is able to run it and that it
prints the magic string to stdout.  If that doesn't work, disable
valgrind.  I'm inclined to not fix this, since there is an easy
workaround available (--disable-valgrind) and that I think the few
errors related to this is worth dealing with to have valgrind be used
for as many builds as possible.

/Simon