Re: [GuixSD] Extremely low framerate on desktop.

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: [GuixSD] Extremely low framerate on desktop.
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 14:10:37 +0100

Matthew Brooks <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the reply; I hadn't even considered the issue of blobs
> separately from drivers.
> I just double-checked with a Trisquel liveUSB, and while it *does*
> show the same "VMWare" and "softpipe" stuff in glxinfo, the
> performance is much higher than on my GuixSD install, and it can even
> play HD videos without a hitch. So it looks like blobs aren't the
> issue. Which is nice, but does mean that it's probably a more
> difficult problem to track down. :/

It is possible that this is a problem with our mesa package, which does
not use LLVM for the Gallium drivers.  It might be worth changing this.

Unfortunately, this will result in quite a few rebuilds, so this change
would only be available in a few weeks.

Could you please send an email to address@hidden requesting that mesa
be built with LLVM for better performance of the Gallium drivers?

~~ Ricardo