Re: libvirt

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: libvirt
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 16:45:20 +0200

Chris,

virt-manager has a way to create networks, I have one called
"vm_network" which uses NAT, I think that might be a default thing, and
it seems to work.

When you create a virtual machine, you should be able to select to use a
network. If I look at an existing machine I have, I see a "NIC ..."
device, which uses the "vm_network".

If you've got all this, it could be that the networking isn't getting
started in the virtual machine...

I discovered that virt-manager has a  "connection settings" section and a "virtual machine details" section

I fumbled with the 2 and somehow I stumbled into a working configuration, also along the lines of your suggestions

So now I have a working Ubuntu Xenial installation inside a virtual machine

I'm not sure I'd be able to reproduce this configuration, should I want to but I guess I have to live with that

It's a progress anyway

Thank you