Re: rolling back only a single package

From: cdelia
Subject: Re: rolling back only a single package
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 19:19:23 -0300

Hi Pierre,

sorry for double sending it to you, I forgot CC to the list.

On 2018-12-28 04:55, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
Hi,

I guess you could simply uninstall the offending program:

  guix package -r xmobar

No I can't because xmobar it's the app launcher of my desktop
configuration. Maybe if I switch from xmobar to a launcher that uses:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-contrib-0.15/docs/XMonad-Actions-GridSelect.html

I already use it to switch app-windows and workspaces when they have a
name (other than 1, 2, 3...), with only a couple of haskell code
lines.

But I have to collect all the executables and I'll rather wait and do
it even better: collect all desktops files to not only launch the app,
but to show the icon's ... (idk if that's possible with the current API)

Anyway, it's another subject entirely.

Thanks for answer.