Re: guix package -i error on another account after system reconfigure

From: Yoshinori Arai
Subject: Re: guix package -i error on another account after system reconfigure
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 20:20:14 +0900

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 08:48:27AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> Yoshinori Arai <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I don't know how to find different version of guix which belong to new
> > account.
> > Because I don't do guix pull yet on new account.
> >
> > OK, There are no problem on old account.
>
> The new account could use the old account’s version of Guix to run “guix
> pull”, no?
>
> > I will do full reinstall of guixsd with new configuration.
>
> Reinstallation is rarely a useful thing to do.
>
> --
> Ricardo

Hello, Ricardo.

I mean New Account is new user account that is added by last system
reconfiguration.

user1 --- old account is made at first installation

address@hidden ~$ which guix
/home/user1/.config/guix/current/bin/guix

address@hidden ~$ ls -l /var/guix/profiles/per-user/user1/current-guix
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user1/current-guix -> current-guix-5-link

address@hidden ~$ ls -l /var/guix/profiles/per-user/yoshi/current-guix-5-link
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/yoshi/current-guix-5-link ->
                 /gnu/store/xh71xqfcbbwsaqakvf6787pdwclkqv6w-profile

user2, user3 are new users.
after su user2 ...

address@hidden ~$ which guix
/run/current-system/profile/bin/guix

address@hidden ~$ ls -l /var/guix/profiles/per-user/user2/
current-guix -> current-guix-1-link
current-guix-1-link -> /gnu/store/1qwy6c7b4axjaz8fyy1plg29p47slina-profile

This status is after guix pull but finished on error.

su user3 ...

address@hidden ~$ which guix
/run/current-system/profile/bin/guix

address@hidden ~$ ls -l /var/guix/profiles/per-user/user3/
     current-guix -> current-guix-0-link

ls -l /var/guix/profiles/per-user/user3/current-guix-0-link
ls: '/var/guix/profiles/per-user/user3/current-guix-0-link' にアクセスできません:
そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません --- can't access. no file or
directory.

This status is before guix pull.

I will delete new users by userdell command and also delete
/var/guix/profile/per-user/user2,user3 then do system reconfigure again before
full reinstallation.