Re: editing /etc/sudoers

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: editing /etc/sudoers
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:17:12 +0200

Hello,

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 06:20:54PM -0500, Jeff Bauer wrote:
> Okay, to make it more clear: I was having a problem
> trying to use visudo on a native Guix System.  The
> visudo packaged with the Guix System cannot actually
> edit a sudoers file because it relies on /usr/bin/vi,
> but it can be used as a command line validation checker.

maybe my reply is off-topic and does not solve your problem, but to just
give sudoer capabilities to a user, it is enough to add them to the "wheel"
group in the system declaration, with something like:

(operating-system
  (users (cons* (user-account
                 (name "andreas")
                 (comment "Andreas Enge")
                 (group "users")
                 (supplementary-groups '("wheel"))
                 (home-directory "/home/andreas"))
                %base-user-accounts))

This is in line with the principle that "global" files should not be edited,
but instead be declared in some way in the operating system definition.

For more sophisticated uses, the file could be declared in the operating
system definition, I suppose, but I have no experience with this.

Andreas