Re: /var/guix/db/db.sqlite corruption

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: /var/guix/db/db.sqlite corruption
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 09:05:17 -0400

On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 02:28:01 -0700, Chris Marusich wrote:
> I've also seen this happen.  I opened a bug report about it recently:
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36687

Ah, when I originally researched this issue, you hadn't yet reported
that bug.  I should have checked again.  I'll reply there with my
Message-Id.  Thanks for pointing it out.

> Did you remember to stop the guix-daemon and verify that no processes
> were accessing the database file when you did all of this?  If not, then
> I wouldn't be surprised to see bizarre behavior.

Yeah I had stopped the daemon and was running it manually to pass
`--debug'.  The errors I was getting were not only from Guix---it was
also happening with the sqlite3 command.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer