Re: Emacs not seeing newer packages after pull

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Emacs not seeing newer packages after pull
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 09:20:58 +0200

Hi Ivan,

> My variable is `t` as defined at emacs-guix's `guix-repl.el`.  It is used in
> the `guix-repl-guile-args` to set the command line args for Guile.  According
> to `ps` in my system, I see these arguments:

Interesting. That looks very different for me on Guix System! But then,
I don't have "guix" in my profile. Not sure it's a good idea.

> If I run `guix package -s guix`, the version of the `guix` package (which I
> assume is the same that I got after the last `guix pull`, but I may be wrong)
> is `1.0.1-15…`.

If you have "guix" in your profile, you'd have to update your profile
after a pull to run the latest version.

> Maybe I should just `guix package -u` this time and check if the problem
> repeats with the next pull…

That sounds like a good experiment to do.

Cheers,
  Konrad