Re: Easy DigitalOcean setup?

From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Re: Easy DigitalOcean setup?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 00:02:37 +0100

Le lundi 09 novembre 2020 à 17:40 -0500, Joshua Branson a écrit :
> You might try using a linode VPS.  That's what I'm using.  There is a
> guide in the cookbook that shows you how to set it up. :)

Hey Raingloom !

I just played with Guix and DigitalOcean last couple of days.
If it's what you are looking for :

On my personal Ubuntu laptop, where I use Guix as a package manager, I
generated a compressed guix system image with :

$ guix system disk-image -t qcow2 do-conf.scm --image-size=5G

Then I uploaded the resulting image (i.e.
/gnu/store/f34vzy15zzk739l6gimkj5l4sn3brski-image.qcow2) as a custom
image on DigitalOcean.

Finally I create a droplet with this custom image and voilà !

Easy peasy.

Hope it will help!