Re: EXWM: file or program not found, ls

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: EXWM: file or program not found, ls
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 15:17:55 +0100

Hi Olivier,

What's your login shell?  If it's Bash, did you edit ~/.bashrc by any chance?

The default file contains this snippet:

if [[ $- != *i* ]]
then
    # We are being invoked from a non-interactive shell.  If this
    # is an SSH session (as in "ssh host command"), source
    # /etc/profile so we get PATH and other essential variables.
    [[ -n "$SSH_CLIENT" ]] && source /etc/profile

    # Don't do anything else.
    return
fi

# Source the system-wide file.
source /etc/bashrc

You need to source /etc/profile if you want the environment variables
like PATH to be set properly.

You can do this from ~/.bashrc as is done in the snippet, or from other
files such ~/.profile or ~/.xinitrc.

Hope that helps!

--
Pierre Neidhardt