error: corrupt input while restoring archive from socket

From: Fulbert
Subject: error: corrupt input while restoring archive from socket
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 08:48:25 +0100

Hello Guixers,

For the past few days… maybe a couple of weeks (not sure when
it started exactly), I have had frequent errors with
substitutions. Those errors are not [always] reproducible as
another [or more] installation attempt succeed on the same [set of]
file[s].

My computers (hardware/software) does not seem to be the
cause as I have experienced the same problem on 2 PC's (not
sharing the exact same guix configurations).

Attached, 2 files with such an error. Note that I have
translated the messages back to english (from french)… just in
case you find some typos and wonder how guix could mistype… ^^

The error message common to all those recent failures is :
  error: corrupt input while restoring archive from socket

Any idea ? I have not found any recent similar issue on
issues.guix.gnu.org.