Re: stumpwm on guix - "sb-cltl2" issues

From: Wil deBeest
Subject: Re: stumpwm on guix - "sb-cltl2" issues
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 16:18:29 +0200

Benjamin Slade <beoram@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to run my long-standing stumpwm init.lisp on a recent Guix
> install, using the packaged stumpwm, however when it launches, it
> fails to process the init.lisp and gives me an "Don't know how to
> REQUIRE sb-cltl2." error.
>
> I've set the SBCL_HOME variable both in .xprofile and in the init.lisp
> itself [via `(sb-posix:putenv
> "SBCL_HOME=/run/current-system/profile/lib/sbcl/")' ], but this
> doesn't seem to help.
>
> Is there a good way around this? (On my other system I just compile
> stumpwm from source and install; I don't know if that makes a
> difference here.)
>
>  —Ben

I used to have the same problem, but I don't remember what fixed it.

SBCL_HOME isn't set at all, I only have `exec
/home/bovid-19/.guix-profile/bin/stumpwm' in my
`~/.xinitrc', and my stumpwm init file starts like this:

(in-package :stumpwm)
(require 'sb-cltl2)

I'm not sure what else I can look for.