Re: guile-dbi from guix not working

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: guile-dbi from guix not working
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 16:37:06 +0000

On 5/25/22 21:18, Arun Isaac wrote:
Hi Zelphir,

~~~~
(specifications->manifest
   '("guile@3.0.8"
     "guile-dbi"))
~~~~
I think you missed guile-dbd-sqlite3 in the manifest above. With
guile-dbd-sqlite3 added, it works for me. Here are my results.

#<guile-dbi open sqlite3 database (0 . db connected)>
#<guile-dbi open sqlite3 database (1 . table hellotable already exists)>
#<guile-dbi open sqlite3 database (0 . query ok)>
#<guile-dbi open sqlite3 database (0 . query ok)>
(("id" . 33) ("name" . "ola"))
(("id" . 34) ("name" . "dzien dobre"))
(("id" . 44) ("name" . "annyong haseyo"))
(("id" . 33) ("name" . "ola"))
#<guile-dbi close sqlite3 database (0 . dbi closed)>

Hope that helps!
Arun

Hi Arun!

Thanks, that solves it.
Should guile-dbd-sqlite3 not be a dependency of guile-dbi then? But on the other hand,
what if one only wanted to interact with one database type and not the other? So maybe
not a must have dependency then. Hm. What is the typical Guix solution for this kind of
"specialization" of a library? I think in the Python world, in requirements
files it would be something like `library[specialization] == version`, to install that
variant.

Best regards,
Zelphir

--