Re: Cantarell font with the gnome desktop interface

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: Cantarell font with the gnome desktop interface
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:15:34 +0000

Hello Christophe,

On Monday, August 15th, 2022 at 03:22, Christophe Pisteur
<christophe.pisteur@fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hello,
> Since I use a profile based on kernel 5.18, the cantarell font is not
> available in the gnome desktop interface (gnome-tweak / fonts): the
> cantarell font is not listed in the list of available interface fonts.
> When I revert to a profile based on a 5.17 kernel, the cantarell font
> is available in the gnome desktop interface (and selected by default).
> What can I do to find the cantarell font with a profile based on kernel
> 5.18?

I checked in my system (guix system 3f17158, kernel 5.18.12), and saw the same:
No font appears selected in GNOME Tweaks. That seems like a bug to me.

As a workaround, I did the following:

1. guix install font-abattis-cantarell
2. fc-cache -rv (see
https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Application-Setup.html#X11-Fonts)

Then, launch GNOME Tweaks again and cantarell should be selected.